Monday 23 May 2011

Lady GaGa. Why do I love her so?

I do resent it when somebody tries to tell me that I only like Lady GaGa because I am gay. There is nothing wrong with people that do like her simply because they are gay, but I am definitely, without a doubt, not in that circle.

I will admit, part of my attraction to Lady G. is probably derived from me being a homo and her being the latest gay-icon. I openly have a soft-spot for Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Cher, the list of gay-women goes on (I mean women with a gay following, not lesbians... Not that I discriminate against lesbians either...)

Back to my love for GaGa, I am devote to her mainly because of her talent. She dances fantastically, sings majestically, writes fluently, carries herself respectfully, controls the media effortlessly and encourages the world to be lovely. All at the same time...

It does have to be said though, I am partial to a woman in power and I love it when a sister does it for themselves. So part of her appeal is because she is a woman of power. Does this mean I wound like S&M. I wonder? (and you can forget that Rhianna song, I like that anyway...)

So there you go, I love GaGa as she deserves and commands my respect, not because she is the latest big thing. No. That is what Cheryl Cole is for. Meow.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blog on Ga Ga and i am not a "socialogist" nor would i want to be if that's all he/her can come up with.
    You expressed your adoration for her in a way i would expect many of her fans to do. I dont think that puts you into any sort of stereo-type.
    Just my opinion mind,you could call me the third person!!!!!

    ReplyDelete