Friday 13 May 2011

Hear no evil, See no evil.

 Compliments.

A universal thing that everybody must enjoy in some form.

For example, I was sat with a friend today at dinner and she pointed out a female whom my friend told my 'You'll love!'
I turned around and, unsurprisingly, I loved her.

The female, who I now want to marry and have children with, had deep scarlet hair which towered over the rest of the regular, flat hair. (Not that there is anything wrong with flat hair, which is fantastic in a different, but slightly less unique way)

I couldn't help myself. I edged closer to The Hair for a better view. When I finally reached her table, I told her with great enthusiasm 'I was just admiring your hair from over there where I was sat and I just had to tell you I love it!’ She thanked me for the compliment and I swiftly left the student to be alone with her fabulous hair.

When I had left the tower of hair, my friend had told me that her face had changed to a shade of red. (Which nobody noticed because of her cherry mane)

I then went on to tell a member of staff in the college library that I loved her camel-colour dress and that it hit her body in all the right places. I even said she looks as delicious as a caramel cappuccino. (On account of it being a similar colour) This lady lapped it up and thanked me for the compliment and, if slightly inappropriate, found the simile hilarious!

This got me thinking, what is the harm in complimenting people? It makes you feel good, as you made somebody else feel good.
I couldn't help but ponder, is this one of the rare instances that an act cannot be interpreted as an evil or malicious thing, no matter the confidence level of the person?

What a tempting thought...

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, I've often found myself wanting to compliment others but found myself too shy. I admire your confidence, and your writing style too is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete