Saturday 15 January 2011

Nana Cougar and the young doctor.

Tonight I visited my Nan in hospital.

She was admitted on Wednesday, my niece came home from school to find her splayed on the floor.
                                          The ambulance took it from there.

Naturally I was worried, if she died I would be a shell of who I am. (Plus I'd be out of a job!)

She isn't a great woman by any means of the word. She isn't the most likable person. In fact I don't actually like her!
                                   But she is my Nan, and I love her, unconditionally.

Mum gave me regular updates to how she had deteriorated and was hallucinating about working 'all night long' with a 'hunky' doctor.
Now, my Nan cannot walk. So she can't work. My Nan is also racist, and the doctor black! You get the idea that she is losing the plot yes?

When we arrived on the scene (or the ward for the less dramatic reader) she was perched, bolt upright in her chair, looking healthier, younger and more alive than I have ever seen the 83 year old lady!


It is fair to say she is doing fair.
Even if she wants to sleep with every medical personnel she looks at...

No comments:

Post a Comment