Sunday 1 July 2012

The £1 Woman

A few weeks ago, me and 2 friends, who are gay and together, went to Blackpool Gay Pride.

Needless to say it was one of the gayest experiences of my life. And that's saying something.

However, the crescendo of gayness that day came when we ventured out that evening, to the aptly named Queen Street, where all the gay bars are. On our way there, a wild woman appeared!

Intoxicated, she asked if she could borrow £1 to get home (the optimum word being 'borrow' - suggesting she is somehow going to pay a stranger back).

As I am a student and don't really have any sympathy for a drunken vagabond, the three of us merely apologised for being niggardly and went on our way.

However.

After we passed her, she then queried, which I can quote even after a month, due to it's sheer distinctiveness: 'Do any of you fellas want any business doing?'. I then told her candidly that, unless she would like to sit down and do some paperwork with me, no tar.

Me and my friends then laughed and informed her we are all gay - because, apparently, the signs weren't there...

We then continued on our merry way to Queen Street, meeting many queens of drag there.

But then I thought, £1.

I'm going back!

No comments:

Post a Comment