Tuesday 23 August 2011

Love Thy Neighbour?

I should just warn you, when I say teenage girls in this post, I mean 14-15 years old who think they're grown up.

My next door neighbours are having a birthday party for one of their teenage girls.
Family and friends have been invited, in order to celebrate her turning 14.

I think

I only think this since I do not care nor like them, due to the fact that I'm woken randomly at night, by the sounds of shouting and screaming from the girls. Or the baby who loves crying.

I hate them.

This party wouldn't have bothered me as, I understand teenage girls etc

But this afternoon I forgot about this party, so hung out my washing to dry on the line, not later knowing the horror I was to endure upon retrieving my clean clothes.

I chose my moment, when they sang the 'Happy Birthday' song (I could hear it through the walls...) I would run out and take them down. Meaning the clothes, not take down the girls.

How was I to know they were singing it in a pitch black garden, watching me take down my underpants off the line.

I got half-way down and they stopped singing. immediately I heard the shrill voices of teenage girls addressing me. They broke into a chorus of 'Hiya Johnny!' so I turned to face them, to wave and feigned a smile.

As I turned my back the birthday girl shouted to me 'I can see your underwear Johnny!'

No shit Sherlock. We're neighbours with a low fence....

No comments:

Post a Comment